Every year we hear. That the singularity is here. But be not deceived by your ear. Year, by year. We know the singularity is here when:
- You have a smart fridge, a smart desk, and a smart home, and you don’t bother making a point about that when speaking to anyone.
- Your “camera” is nearly 576 Megapixels, and to improve it, you insert spectacles.
- Every country’s army and labour force is made entirely of robots.
- When your extended memory merges with your own (you will be able to download knowledge).
- When you burn fat to charge your laptop.
- When “techprints” are inserted into infant brains and used in place of fingerprints.
- When telepathy is a reality.
- When the browser wars and the “cloud wars” enter history textbooks.
Sounds like a far way to go? Don’t worry, this only means Moore’s law is still working.